The default printer is the one PDF Suite will turn to each time you print a file. You can always change the printer for each print job, however, this article will explain how to permanently assign a new primary printer.
PDF Suite uses the default printer based on your Windows configuration. Any physical printer (paper printing) or virtual printer (the one PDF Suite installs for conversion to PDF) can be set as your default.
To change your default printer please follow these steps.
Windows 10 + 8
- Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Control Panel.
- Under Hardware and Sound choose View devices and printer.
- The default printer will have a green check box in its icon. Right-click on the printer you would like as your new default and choose Set as default printer.
PDF Suite will now recognize this as your go-to printer.
Windows 7 + Vista
- Click on your Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Open the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the printer you would like to make your default and select Set as default printer.
We also have the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) module that allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.