- Open the Insert Module.
- Click on Header and Footer.
- You will see two choices Add Header and Footer and Remove Header and Footer.
Add Header and Footer
A window will open providing you with a series of options to configure your header/footer.
On the left-hand side of the window is a previewer. This will show you how your header/footer will look on each page of your document.
You can cycle between the different pages of your document to preview what it will look like on any page.
- The position will let you choose where your header or footer should be located. Each position can be customized separately. Click on a different position to configure it, this will not impact any positions you have already set up.
- If your header will contain text, choose Text as Source and enter the text into the box.
- Click on the X to clear any text.
- You can also choose the font style, size, and color, and choose to bold or italicize your text.
When you choose File you can upload any file to use as a header/footer.
- Choose File as Source.
- Click on the Browse.
- A Browse Window will open. Choose the image from your computer you would like to use.
- Adjust the Scale of the image to make sure it fits.
- In the Pages to Apply section, you can determine which pages you want the header/footer to appear on.
- In the Margins section, you can set up the area for your header and footer. Since they are on the exterior of the margin area, you can create more or less space for your header or footer by adjusting the margin size.
- You can also change the unit of measurement.
- You have the option to Shrink the document to avoid overwriting the document’s text and graphics.
- Click MAKE DEFAULT to use these settings moving forward. You can reset the default at any time.
- When you are ready to add your header/footer, click APPLY.
- The header/footer will be added to your document.
Removing a Header or Footer
When you click Remove Header and Footer a window will open asking you to select the page range.
Once you have chosen your page range, click Remove.
We also have the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) module that allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.