Each PDF file you open in PDF Suite has a few document properties that can be updated. You can access them with the following steps:
- Click on the menu icon in the top left corner.
In the Properties section, you’ll find a few options:
In this category, you can edit the metadata for your file. You’ll also be able to review some key information about your file.
You can add a Title, update the Author, create a Subject for your file, and set any relevant Keywords. This will help you archive your file while making it easier to search for when you need it.
- Click on one of the fields.
- Type in the information.
- Click out of the field to save the changes you’ve made.
If you scroll down, you can see information like the Created Date and when the file was last Modified. A very important piece of information is the PDF Producer, and this is the application that created the PDF you are working with.
Under Security, you’ll find quick links to restrict access to your file. You’ll also see the current security settings of your file.
- Choose Set Password if you want to add one to your document. No one will be able to open your file without the password.
- Pick Security Settings if you want to restrict how users can interact with your PDF.
You can’t make any changes here. However, you can view a list of any fonts used in your document. This will help you find any fonts you may need to match what’s being used in the file. PDF Suite will do its best to pick a font that is similar to any being used if that font is not available on your computer.
In the Initial View section, you can set some view options that will kick in when the file is opened.
- Choose an option under the Default panel if you want that panel to be open as you launch the document.
- Choose an option under Page layout to set how you want to view this PDF.
Each of these settings will be for the specific PDF you are working with.
We also have the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) module that allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.