Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.7 or older
Using the PDF Suite printer, you can “print” your file and convert it into a PDF that is in an older version.
- Click the Printer icon to open the print setup menu.
- You can also hold down the CTRL key and press P.
- Choose PDF Suite from the list of available printers.
- Select Printer Settings.
A window will open for the printer properties.
- Click the option next to PDF Conformance Level.
- Choose the version you want to use.
- Click OK to continue.
When you print the file, a new copy of your PDF will be created with the appropriate version.
- Click the Print button.
A window will open asking you where you want to save your file. Once you have chosen the location, your new PDF will be created with the correct version.
Updating from an older version to 2.0
Through PDF Suite options you can easily update the PDF version.
- Click on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Choose Properties.
- Then click Description.
- Under PDF Version select PDF 2.0 from the dropdown.
When you save your PDF, it will be updated to PDF 2.0.
We also have the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) module that allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image.
If the OCR module is not available for you, you can purchase it here.